- Planning A Visit
- Faith Formation
- Faith in Action
- FEATURED: Bishop Shannon Visit 29 Sep 2013
- FEATURED: Our New Look~July 2013
- FEATURED: 2013 Pentecost Picnic Photos by Janell Hoffman
- CHURCH NEWSLETTER
- Gallery 2014 Christmas Auction
- Gallery: Bishop Gulick Visit 2012
- Slide Show: Bishop Jones Visit 2011
- Slide Show: Bob in Ethiopia 2011
- Ready CC Millwood Documentation
About Christ Church Memorials
Members of Christ Church, Millwood and friends of the Parish may wish to give memorial gifts to commemorate family members and others. Prior to selecting a gift, donors are asked to obtain a copy of the Parish Guidelines and the list of identified needs from the Parish Administrator. All proposed gifts must be reviewed by the Memorial Committee and recommended to the Vestry. The Vestry is empowered with final approval of all memorials and other gifts. Donors will be notified by the Memorial Committee and may then make arrangements for acquisition of the gift.
If you wish to make a memorial gift or would like more information, please call the church office at 540.837.1112.
About the Memorial Garden
The Memorial Garden of Christ Church, Millwood is situated between the church and the parish house. It is a place for the interment of cremated remains directly into the earth and it provides a quiet place for reflection. Suitable adornment for the Memorial garden includes fresh flowers only .
A Brief History of Memorial Garden is available for viewing and downloading.
If you would like more information about interment, please call the church office at 540.837.1112.
Memorials Committee Functions
- The Memorials Committee oversees and administers a fund to which people may contribute in memory of or in thanksgiving for anyone or anything in the life of the Parish. The fund is used for various liturgical furnishings, none of which is a specific memorial to a specific individual. The Memorials Committee, also, oversees the administration, planning and procurement of "designated memorials", which are memorial items which memorialize an individual in a specific way. All memorial gifts to the Parish must be recommended for Vestry approval by the Memorials Committee.
- The Memorials Committee also oversees the use, care, and administration of the Parish memorial garden, located behind Christ Church. Selection and care of plants, policies for interring ashes, and appropriate displays of the names of the persons whose ashes are interred are all handled by the Memorial Garden Committee.