Planning A Visit
- Faith Formation
- Faith in Action
- FEATURED: Bishop Shannon Visit 29 Sep 2013
- FEATURED: Our New Look~July 2013
- FEATURED: 2013 Pentecost Picnic Photos by Janell Hoffman
- Article: Clarke Daily News-2012 Country Fair
- Article: Clarke Daily News-Pet Show Results at Christ Church, Millwood's Country Fair
- Article: Clarke Daily News-Grant to Food Pantry
- Article: Winchester Star-HOPE delivers for families
- Article: Winchester Star-Old Chapel Celebrates 220 Years
- Article: Winchester Star-Powhatan Students Serve On MLK Day
- CHURCH NEWSLETTER
- Gallery 2014 Christmas Auction
- Gallery: Bishop Gulick Visit 2012
- Slide Show: Bishop Jones Visit 2011
- Slide Show: Bob in Ethiopia 2011
- Ready CC Millwood Documentation
- This Sunday's Schedule
Fish of Clarke County
NOTE: The following information has been extracted from the FISH brochure and materials given to its Board of Directors.
Fish has deep ties to Christ Church, Millwood. Over 40 years ago Gertie Watkins, a member of Christ Church, organized a group of people to study the needs of the Clarke County Community. After eleven meetings the group decided that the greatest need was to put people who needed help in touch with people who wanted to help. Jane Harrison, a member of the original study group and also a member of Christ Church, embraced that need and turned it into a multifaceted volunteer organization that connects people to the services they need. Since it’s inception in 1969, FISH has grown into an incorporated organization with a Board of Directors and a large volunteer base. A group of over 40 volunteers answers the FISH helpline, provides both local and long distance transportation to people needing a way to connect with their medical services, mans the FISH Clothing and Food Banks, provides counseling to callers with financial problems and acts as a referral service for problems beyond the scope of the FISH program. FISH volunteers are neighbors helping neighbors.
FISH, despite its growth over the years, is still an organization with no fixed overhead and very few expenses. It depends solely on the good will of volunteers and on the support of local churches, the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, the Department of Social Services and the generous gifts of county citizens.
For more information about FISH and its ongoing needs, please visit the Fish Ministry web site
FISH Clothing Bank
FISH operates a small clothing bank, located next to the Old Chapel ( at intersection of 340 and 255, Bishop Meade Road), on Saturdays from 9:00-12:00. You can volunteer for 1 hour or all 3. We always have at least 2 people working together at all times.
If you can volunteer on one of these Saturdays, please call Lisa Goshen, 955-1136 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.