Planning A Visit
- Faith Formation
- Faith in Action
- FEATURED: Bishop Shannon Visit 29 Sep 2013
- FEATURED: Our New Look~July 2013
- FEATURED: 2013 Pentecost Picnic Photos by Janell Hoffman
- Article: Clarke Daily News-2012 Country Fair
- Article: Clarke Daily News-Pet Show Results at Christ Church, Millwood's Country Fair
- Article: Clarke Daily News-Grant to Food Pantry
- Article: Winchester Star-HOPE delivers for families
- Article: Winchester Star-Old Chapel Celebrates 220 Years
- Article: Winchester Star-Powhatan Students Serve On MLK Day
- CHURCH NEWSLETTER
- Gallery 2014 Christmas Auction
- Gallery: Bishop Gulick Visit 2012
- Slide Show: Bishop Jones Visit 2011
- Slide Show: Bob in Ethiopia 2011
- Ready CC Millwood Documentation
- This Sunday's Schedule 5/24
THIS MONTH AT CHRIST CHURCH...
April 12th Concert at Christ Church featuring the Shenandoah University Cantus Singers under the direction of Karen Keating
Photo Credit: John Westervelt
A Look Inside...
Christ Church, Millwood:
Holy Eucharist: at 8:00 a.m., and is celebrated on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sundays at the 10:30 a.m. service. Morning Prayer: 2nd and 4th Sundays at 10:30 a.m.
Christian Education classes for all ages: 9-10 a.m.
Directions & Map .
Old Chapel, Boyce:
Services are held at Old Chapel on Easter and Sunday of the 2nd week of September. Intersection of US Route 340 and VA Route 255, between Boyce and Berryville.
Churches of Cunningham
Click to view full size
A Brief History
Christ Church Millwood
>Old Rectory/Parish House
Yesterday & Today
Originally referred to as "The Chapel at Cunningham's" (Cunningham's being the name of the tavern near the chapel), "Old Chapel," as it is now known, is the oldest Episcopal Church in continuous use west of the Blue Ridge Mountains. In 1892 we outgrew Old Chapel and moved to the relatively new village of Millwood where we built Christ Church.
Welcome to Christ Church
Christ Church is a welcoming and loving community of people who try to love God with all our hearts and minds and strength, and to love our neighbors as ourselves. God cares for you, and God loves you. God is always binding up the brokenhearted, healing the sick, setting us free, and bringing joy to the world. Come experience the transforming love of God at Christ Church!
View the full message from our Priest, Karin MacPhail
The Episcopal Diocese of Virginia
For Christ, for this time, for all time.
Diocese Conference Center at Shrine Mont
The Episcopal Church
Shrine Mont...The Cathedral Shrine of the Transfiguration and a Conference Center of the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia
Forward Movement Publications is an official non-profit agency of The Episcopal Church
Book of Common Prayer
The (Online) Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments and Other Rites and Cremonies of the Church, together with The Psalter or Psalms of David, according to the use of The Episcopal Church.