- Contact Us
Planning A Visit
- Faith Formation
- Faith in Action
- Vision Statement
- CHURCH NEWSLETTER
- Stephen Ministry Video: Meaningful Service Experiences
- Stephen Ministry Video: Stehen Series Leader's Training
- FEATURED: Bishop Shannon Visit 29 Sep 2013
- FEATURED: Our New Look~July 2013
- FEATURED: 2013 Pentecost Picnic Photos by Janell Hoffman
- Article: Clarke Daily News-2012 Country Fair
- Article: Clarke Daily News-Pet Show Results at Christ Church, Millwood's Country Fair
- Article: Clarke Daily News-Grant to Food Pantry
- Article: Winchester Star-HOPE delivers for families
- Article: Winchester Star-Old Chapel Celebrates 220 Years
- Article: Winchester Star-Powhatan Students Serve On MLK Day
- Gallery 2014 Christmas Auction
- Gallery: Bishop Gulick Visit 2012
- Slide Show: Bishop Jones Visit 2011
- Slide Show: Bob in Ethiopia 2011
- Ready CC Millwood Documentation
- OTM Search Process
Christ Church Cares
Visit Our Christ Church Cares Food Bank, Open Saturdays, 9am to 11am.
The last 2 slides are linked to pages. Click on those slides for more information.
Run your pointer over the slides to pause the slideshow.
A Look Inside...
Christ Church, Millwood:
Holy Eucharist: at 8:00 a.m., and is celebrated on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sundays at the 10:30 a.m. service. Morning Prayer: 2nd and 4th Sundays at 10:30 a.m.
Christian Education classes for all ages: 9-10 a.m. Directions/Map .
Old Chapel, Boyce:
Services are held at Old Chapel on Easter and Sunday of the 2nd week of September. Intersection of US Route 340 and VA Route 255, between Boyce and Berryville.
Food Bank - Saturday,
November 5, 2016
Christ Church Cares Clarke County Food Pantry from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Bishops Chapel, 809 Bishop Meade Road, Millwood, View directions and map or visit our Food Pantry page for more information.
Meaningful Service Experiences:
Fifth Graders brainstormed ideas on ways to generate additional support for the food pantry as we approach the winter holidays. Powhatan Pulse School Blog
Churches of Cunningham
Click to view full size
A Brief History
Christ Church Millwood
>Old Rectory/Parish House
Yesterday & Today
Originally referred to as "The Chapel at Cunningham's" (Cunningham's being the name of the tavern near the chapel), "Old Chapel," as it is now known, is the oldest Episcopal Church in continuous use west of the Blue Ridge Mountains. In 1892 we outgrew Old Chapel and moved to the relatively new village of Millwood where we built Christ Church.
Welcome to Christ Church
Richard Lyon Stinson .
We at Christ Church, Millwood, are at a really exciting moment in our history! We are in the process of searching for a Priest-in-Charge to help in continuing the long and excellent traditions of this parish.
In the meantime, I am serving as Supply Priest. I was a clergyman in this wonderful diocese for many years before leaving in 1992 to accept a call in another diocese.
The Rev. Dr. Richard Lyon Stinson
View a message from our former Priest,
The Episcopal Diocese of Virginia
For Christ, for this time, for all time.
Diocese Conference Center at Shrine Mont
The Episcopal Church
Shrine Mont...The Cathedral Shrine of the Transfiguration and a Conference Center of the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia
Forward Movement Publications is an official non-profit agency of The Episcopal Church
Book of Common Prayer
The (Online) Book of Common Prayer and Administration of the Sacraments and Other Rites and Cremonies of the Church, together with The Psalter or Psalms of David, according to the use of The Episcopal Church.